Sunday, May 13, 2012

Filipino’s grandmama could be Russia’s Anastasia

By Emily A. Abrera
Philippine Daily Inquirer

I first met Caty Petersen in October 2010 through a mutual friend, who was convinced that I was the right person to write Caty’s story.

She divulged nothing more than that, asking me to just keep an open mind and join them for lunch, which at least promised to be a pleasant one; Kai was one of my favorite restaurants, and we hadn’t seen each other for months.

Caty rushed in, late and breathless and wide-eyed, a large brown envelope in hand, which she handed to me.

Over the next hour, I listened to her relate the highlights of a most unusual tale, riveting in many aspects, and somewhat incredible in others.

The story tumbled out of her, unrestrained. It was a search for roots.

Read more.

No comments: